Adventures in Arizona, Part 2

Woah!  Look what we found while driving down the road!


No really, he was just several feet from our truck!  Of course, it was in Bearizona, a controlled environment for all kinds of animals, but it was still super cool to be so close! :D


Half of the zoo is a dirt road winding throughout several different species habitats.  It is a self-drive, self-paced tour, where you have to keep your doors locked and windows rolled up!  The other half was a more traditional zoo.  It was awesome!  Seriously, our favorite zoo we've ever been to!


Disclosure: The majority of the following photos were taken through the truck windows, so they are not as clear as they could be.  Also, I only upload low resolution, watermarked photos to my blog, if you'd ever like to see the photos is full resolution, I will be uploading those to my professional site in the near future.






Wolves are so majestic, so I had to do one in B&W:



The wolves kept circling our truck and wouldn't let us drive on for several minutes.  Somebody local told me that the wolves will work together where one wolf will stop the vehicle by standing in the road, and the other wolves will check out the vehicle to see if there are any goodies... like chewing on bicycle tires.  Fortunately we have a tonneau cover over our truck bed!




I can't handle the cuteness (from inside my F-350)!


These two fluff balls were goofing around <3...



Throughout the drive-through portion, all the animals were free to roam and walk beside or across the dirt roads right in front of us.



This is one of my favorite photos from the visit:





The drive-through portion of Bearizona was such a thrill for the kids, however, Simon was a little disappointed that there weren't any T-Rex's.

We entered the walk-through zoo portion and immediately smelled these stinky little guys:



Moving along... quickly...



This adorable bear was playing with a big rock that he just pushed over the ledge:



That's a brave little birdy...



So sleepy...


There was also a petting zoo area which the kids loved:








I love how mischeivious goats look (note the smile)...


It looks to me like this one is saying, "Oh hey, hun... come here often?"... 









The secret of the fox, an ancient mystery...


 Can you figure out what this guy is?


American Badger don't care...


We made it just in time to join the "Birds of Prey" show:



This owl was just gorgeous:


It looked like she was looking right at me with that heart shaped face of hers:


Here she is eating a little pinky...








We got to get up close to say goodbye to Malachi, the Eurasian Eagle Owl, the largest owl species in the world...



I've been to plenty of zoos, but I normally leave my real camera behind so I can actually enjoy the experience with my family.  However, I knew this zoo trip was extra special, so I brought my camera along... my first time taking photos at a zoo.  I had a ton of fun! :D



We all had such an awesome time at this place and highly recommend Bearizona to everyone!  It was worth every penny!

March 24, 2016

2 comments: