Colorado, Part 2

Today we left Riverside RV park in Loveland, CO.  While there we had zero cell reception, so that was a bit of a challenge.  You don't realize how much you use your cell phone until you don't get to use it anymore!  Loveland is a short (and gorgeous) drive through Roosevelt National Forest and Estes Park to Rocky Mountain National Park.  This is where we had a picnic once we arrived:



Not bad, huh?  Probably the most scenic picnic I've had in a while.  We spent the day exploring the park and soaking in all the beauty.



I'm thinking about getting this one printed to hang on my wall...


On our walk I mentioned that it looked like an animal should be hanging out down there... so, there goes my family...




We hope this little girl remembers this trip forever.  



 Aaron and I call this the "Hansel and Gretel"...


We then went up in elevation to Bear Lake:



Nice lake...



On our way out of the park, we had to stop for a gang of elk crossing the road:




While in Colorado we've seen a bunch of elk on numerous occasions.  Here are some young elk we came across:



This will probably be our last National Park sign for a while, more on that soon...


April 20, 2016

1 comment:

  1. When our daughter was 13 we took her to Scotland for three years. She is now in her 40's and even though she was a typical, sullen (I hate it here) there's nothing to do teenager, she wants to go back and we often discuss how we all enjoyed it. Trust me, making memories they'll carry is a good thing

    ReplyDelete